Watch the videos below (part I & II).
1. How would you describe the near future for the millions of immigrants in the United States? Is there any reason to remain optimistic?
2. President Trump has constantly made a mockery of our democratic institutions. Do you think that this is the end of democracy as we know it?
3. Why did the President not seek congressional approval before bombing Syria and why didn’t Congress pressure him more to do so?
4. The Secretary of Treasury just published the tax reform plans for Trump’s administration. They will cut extensively the taxes for corporations and the rich (business tax rate will be cut from 35% to 15%). The Republican theory behind this is that, by helping out the rich, the rich will help the poor. But history has shown us, and many economists agree, that this is not true. (Economists say this policy would add trillions of dollars to the deficit over the next decade.) What is your opinion about this – do you think this will actually help the economy or merely widen the gap between the rich and the poor?
5. Who is investigating the alleged ties between the Trump campaign and Russia? Shouldn’t an independent special prosecutor be appointed for this?
6. The PROMESA Act (for Puerto Rico) and the Financial Oversight Board gave some people hope at first that perhaps things could get better. But it is not a secret that most of the people have now realized that the Board is putting the interests of the vulture funds before the rights of the Puerto Rican people. How could you and other Congressmen help restore the hope of the people of Puerto Rico?
7. Trump recently tweeted that Democrats wanted to bail out Puerto Rico with Americans tax dollars. However, Puerto Ricans are American Citizens and fight in wars for the United States . He then tweeted that “Democrats want to shut government if we don’t bail out PR and give billions to their insurance companies for OCare failures.” Can you comment on this?